Our absence & health management services are designed to work with you by offering specialist independent medical assessments and clinical opinion, as either part of a structured business plan or on an ad-hoc basis. We aim to empower your business to manage sickness absence and health issues in the workplace while avoiding legal pitfalls.
Our goal is to form a part of your sickness absence management policy and assist you to: reduce employee absence, improve recovery lengths, devise suitable return to work plans, understand reasonable adjustments and promote health and wellbeing in the workplace. All of which will help to improve productivity, reduce costs arising from employee sickness absence and combat under-performance.
Once you have an account set up with us, a standard referral will follow a simple four step process:
- Referral – The referring manager completes a form outlining the reasons for the employee being referred and what the business is looking to achieve.
- Triage – Following the receipt of the referral form a member of our clinical team will carry out a triage call with the referring manager to determine what type of assessment is appropriate. As well as allowing us to understand the case and its core issues; it also will let us know what the business has done so far, avoiding repetition and therefore keeping your costs down.
- Assessment – Following the triage call we will then assess the employee. We have three standard health assessment routes:
- Telephone health assessment – This route offers prompt assessment and reporting for clinical situations that can be addressed verbally.
- Adviser led face to face health assessment – Assessment conducted either in the workplace or off-site venue, often suited to situations with a physical or mental health condition.
- Physician led face to face health assessment – This assessment route is used for the most complex cases and those that have a likelihood of legal implications.
- Report – Upon completion of the assessment a report will be generated detailing the outcomes of the assessment as well as recommended actions.