Our 3 day course is run every other month – it covers all the skills required of an Occupational Health Technician and is suitable for existing OHTs and new entrants to the profession.
Skills included in our course :
- Professional Standards and Responsibilities confidentiality, data protection and record keeping.
- Measurements – Weight Height BMI
- Vision Tests – Musculoskeletal assessment
- Urine tests and finger prick blood tests
- Standards of fitness for common medicals Safety Critical/Driver/Fork Lift truck/Confined space etc.
- Blood pressure
- Basic Life Support/Defibrillation/ Anaphylaxis
- Skin surveillance
- Introduction to HAVS
- Drug and Alcohol Testing (Chain of Custody)
- Face Fit Training
A certificate is awarded to successful candidates