Occupational Health Technician (OHT) Course
December 6 @ 9:00 am - December 8 @ 4:30 pm£600
We will be running our popular Occupational Health Technician Course in August.
The course will be held in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
For more details or to book your place please contact us.
Skills included in our course:
• Introduction to Occupational Health and the role of Occupational Health Technicians.
• Professional Standards and Responsibilities, confidentiality, data protection.
• Health and Safety legislations and introduction to industry standards.
• Standards of fitness for common medicals Safety Critical/Driver/Forklift truck/Confined space etc.
• Reviewing types of health questionnaires, Screening, report writing and record keeping
• Introduction to maintain continual professional development
• Equipment types, servicing, and user calibration.
• Infection Prevention and Control
• First Aid: Basic Life Support, AED, and Anaphylaxis
• Carrying out physiological assessments, including:
• Measurements – Weight, Height, BMI
• Vision Tests – Musculoskeletal assessment
• Urine tests and finger prick blood tests
• Blood pressure
• Skin surveillance
• Musculoskeletal Assessment
• Introduction to HAVS Tier 1 and 2
• Drug and Alcohol Testing (Chain of Custody)
• Introduction to Face Fit Testing