- This event has passed.
Occupational Health Technician Course (3days) May 21
19th May 2021 @ 9:00 am - 21st May 2021 @ 5:00 pm£500
Objects of the course – to provide candidates with all the necessary skills to operate as an Occupational Health Technician under the supervision of an Occupational Health Advisor.
- Introduction to Occupational Health
- Professional Standards and Responsibilities
- Record keeping
- Objects of Health Screening and Health Surveillance.
- Standards of fitness for common medicals Safety Critical/Driver/Fork Lift truck/Confined space etc.
- Measurements – Weight Height waist/hip ratio
- Optical tests
- Blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Routine urine testing
- Basic Life Support/Defibrillation/ Anaphylaxis
- Skin surveillance
- Introduction to HAVS
- Drug and Alcohol Testing (Chain of Custody)
- Practice and examination.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate and will be required to complete a workbook over the following 12 months which will be require verification by a OHA/OHT/RN that the candidate has been working under supervision.
Course cost is £500 er candidate, groups bookings available, please enquire for pricing.
The course is held at Tingdene House 21-24 Bradfield Road Wellingborough NN8 4HB Timings 09:00 – 16:00
Lunch and refreshments provided.
*Covid19 Health declaration form required before attending, Rapid Covid antigen test maybe required on day one (provided).